When Tiffany graduated her family came out for the weekend to visit and
celebrate with her. Tyler, Emily, Brittany, Patsy, and Ralph all came. I
remember I was all done with finals and everything so I could goof off
and have fun hanging out with the Young clan.
I think it was the day of the graduation we were at the Castagnos (I
think that's their name?) home having breakfast and we all made plans
for some fun activities for the day before Tiff graduates. I think Ralph
and Patsy decided to go to the temple with Tiff
after she took an anatomy test while me, Brittany, Tyler, and Em would
go canoeing down snake river and go bridge jumping when we're done. So
Leo trusted me with driving his truck with the trailer full of canoes on
back - I was way nervous doing that by the
way because my truck is an old and slow one and he had a nice one with a
lot of power and I've never driven with a trailer in back. So we got
there and unloaded the trailer and all got into the river.
I think the Castagno girl had a lil crush on Tyler so she wanted to be
in the same canoe with him and I think Brittany had a lil crush on me so
she wanted to be with me in my canoe ;). And Em was with the other
boys. So it was a warm day and the water was nice
and cool. I loved canoeing in boy scouts but usually I get nervous to
tip them over because the times I've gone canoeing if you tip it over it
meant DEATH haha it meant all your gears wet and you're miles away from
shore in cold water so I did NOT want to
tip over our boats. That and I didn't want to damage a boat that wasn't
mine. But leave it to Brittany to splash me and lose our balance to tip
us over and lose my favorite shirt that was sitting at the bottom of
the canoe. I think we capsized like 4 times
throughout the whole trip. It was a LOT of fun chasing everyone down
and trying to tip each others' boats over because the river was shallow
enough you can walk the boat to shore. Everyone has tipped over but Em's
boat because they were the fast lil buggers.
So Brittany got out and let the boys handle this. And Tyler got into my
boat while we chased em down. We were seriously going like 25 mph in a
canoe chasing these kids down. We saw the truck and it was the last
stretch and we were so close to be able to grab
them before they get to shore. We paddled and paddled and then with our
last chance Tyler stood up and jumped out of the boat to grab Em's
boat. Man he flew! He was like perfectly horizontal! It was like that
cat in that sail video on youtube. He missed by
an inch! It was soooooo close. and splash he's gone. And Emily didn't
get wet that day.
We then loaded up the trailer..The Castagno girl was checking out Tyler
lifting the canoes up onto the trailer. Then we went to a bridge and
jumped off into the river. It was fun. I just chilled with Em at the
bridge while everyone jumped in because we didn't
want to get wet after we had all dried off...and the water looked
pretty shallow. But leave it to Brittany to be a daredevil to go
kamikaze and do front flips off the bridge to the point of getting a
nose bleed. haha I love that girl. I jumped in once for
her so she'd feel better that I wasn't scared of heights or nothin. But
I sunk to the bottom and stayed there for a while to scare her a
little. Then we showered and went to Tiff's graduation and ate a bunch
of pizza at pizzapie cafe afterwards. Awesome day
with the Young clan.
No comments:
Post a Comment